Parent's Right to Know

  • Dear Families:

    West Valley is a Title I Targeted Assistance school that receives federal money.  As a requirement of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) you have a right to request the professional qualifications your child’s classroom teacher.

    A parent’s request of the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher may include the following:

    1. Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.

    2. Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.

    3. The undergraduate and/or graduate degree held by the teacher and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.

    4. Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.

    If you would like to request the qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher please contact Mrs. Carolyn Boberg at 942-3293 for an official request.

    Thank you,


    West Valley Central School